The maintenance of high levels of safety in the ANS provision is a major priority of BULATSA as an organization – air navigation services provider.
While performing its main tasks, BULATSA strictly adheres to the approved safety policy. The main safety objective is to minimize the risk of aviation incidents, due to reasons related to the air navigation services, as far as practically possible.
The main principles for attaining safety are:
- Responsibility for the management of safety;
- Quantitative levels of safety;
- Risk Assessment and Management;
- Documenting the SMS;
- External services and supplies;
- Occurrences related to safety.
The safety management activities are assigned to an independent specialized structure – the Safety and Quality Directorate, under the direct supervision of the BULATSA Director General.