BULATSA – Flight Information Portal is the new free flight information portal that has no analogue worldwide. It gathers all the necessary aeronautical information in one place and every user can find what they need quickly, easily and interactively.
The Portal was developed in the context of the plan to increase the safety of general aviation in Bulgaria and provides extremely rich aeronautical information in real time. The aim of BULATSA is to always provide a quality and reliable service to its users, because for the enterprise, safety comes first. The new service was developed in close cooperation with the enterprise’s customers – Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association (AOPA), airlines, airports, aviation organizations, etc.
The new Portal gathers in one place information about:
• Air traffic in real time;
• Detailed information about a specific flight;
• Meteorological information (incl. METAR, TAF, AWOS, ATIS, RCR/SNOWTAM, AIRMET, SIGMET, GAMET, VOLMET, satellite data, weather radar, cumulonimbus forecasts, icing, turbulence and wind by flight levels, lightnings, graphic SIGMET) ;
• NOTAM messages in text and graphic format;
• Airspace use plan;
• Active structures in the airspace;
• Aeronautical Information Publication (AIP);
• Information about VFR flights;
• Interactive airspace map;
• Aeronautical map 1:500,000;
• Information about airports, aircraft, airlines and flights;
• Documents (European and national normative documents);
• Lots of other information aimed at the aviation community.
The new service was developed by using the so-called responsive design, which allows identical use regardless of the device – phone, tablet or computer.
Currently in the Portal are defined two plans, whereby the Basic one is provided to all users, while the Extended one – to airlines, airport and aviation operators, aviation organizations and aviation personnel, holding the respective licenses.
In the following year BULATSA will continue to work to satisfy the user needs, as well as to add new functionalities and information to the Portal.
“This is one of the most significant projects implemented by BULATSA this year, with which we want to improve the communication with our users and strengthen our efforts to maintain safety in the air traffic services,” said the Director General of BULATSA, Georgi Peev.
You can find more information on the BULATSA website, https://b-flip.bulatsa.com/.