BULATSA – Flight Information Portal (B-FLIP) was officially presented today to the Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Transport and Communications Hristo Aleksiev. The capabilities of the new free flight information portal, which gathers in one place all aeronautical information in real-time, were demonstrated.
“This system has no analogue in the world and I congratulate BULATSA for their efforts. The Portal will bring about a much higher level of air traffic safety and security,” said the Deputy Prime Minister Hristo Aleksiev.
The Director General of BULATSA Georgi Peev explained that the system is accessible and intended to serve the various aviation users, such as airlines, users of small airplanes, airports, as well as citizens. It is completely free of charge and provides the opportunity to assist in the proper planning and safe and efficient performance of flights. “For us, safety comes first when we are servicing the air traffic,” he added.
Currently in the Portal are defined two plans, whereby the Basic one is provided to all users, while the Extended one – to airlines, airport and aviation operators, aviation organizations and aviation personnel, holding the respective licenses.
The new service of BULATSA was developed in close cooperation with the enterprise’s clients – Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association (AOPA), airlines, airports and aviation organizations, by using the so-called responsive design, which allows identical use regardless of the device – phone, tablet or computer.
The new Portal gathers in one place information about:
- Air traffic in real time;
- Detailed information about a specific flight;
- Meteorological information (incl. METAR, TAF, AWOS, ATIS, RCR/SNOWTAM, AIRMET, SIGMET, GAMET, VOLMET, satellite data, weather radar, cumulonimbus forecasts, icing, turbulence and wind by flight levels, lightnings, graphic SIGMET) ;
- NOTAM messages in text and graphic format;
- Airspace use plan;
- Active structures in the airspace;
- Aeronautical Information Publication (AIP);
- Information about VFR flights;
- Interactive airspace map;
- Aeronautical map 1:500,000;
- Information about airports, aircraft, airlines and flights;
- Documents (European and national normative documents);
You can find more information on the BULATSA website, https://b-flip.bulatsa.com/.