PJ.02 W2 Airport airside and runway throughput (AART)
Title of proposal:
SESAR-IR-VLD-WAVE2-09-2019 PJ.02 W2 Airport airside and runway throughput (AART)
Grant Agreement No: 874477 (H2020-SESAR-2019-1)
Time frame: 2019-2022
PJ.02 W2 AART
The project will encompass the human, technical and procedural aspects of implementing and/or introducing the following proposed improvements:
- Safety maintenance tools to avoid deviations when taxiing;
- Improved efficiency in the application of aircraft separation minima in order to increase the runway throughput;
- Upgraded procedures in the maneuvering area based on the Global Navigation Satellite Services (GNSS);
- Improved access to smaller airports;
- Developing digitalisation for integrated ground management.
The project will work to upgrade the solutions in the field of automation, A-CDM (airport cooperative decision making) and data transfer (datalink) in order in order to prevent conflicts in the airport area and increase the efficiency of related operations.
- Improving the efficiency and sustainability of the operations for departure and arrival of airports with limited capacity and the access to secondary airports;
- Improving accessibility of airports with limited ground infrastructure in low visibility conditions. The improved flight vision system and synthetic vision system, the combined system and the LPV-100 will expand the approach and landing capabilities in the specific conditions of the abovementioned airports;
- Improving the tactical management of conflicts in the phase of movement on the apron and taxiways;
- Optimizing the provision of routes for movement from the aircraft parking stand to the runway;
- Improving the predictability and time management of ground-based procedures;
- Providing solutions for detecting, preventing and warning for the risks of exiting the runway by synchronizing the air-ground information exchange about the runway surface condition.